Friday, July 16, 2010

"Mr. Helms went to get the mulch"

Well my friend Peter had his eagle scout project yesterday, and I went at about 8:45 in the morning to help.
They had some donuts for us, then we waited for more guys to show up, then the work began.

We split into 2 teams and worked on the fence posts for a chain link fence, and dug trenches for timbers to put a square "play area" around the playground.
At lunch Mrs. Helms and another mom made hot dogs and such for lunch.
Afterwards Andy and Mr. Helms had to go buy a drill with more power to make holes in the wood for the rebar.

Caleb Simmons was the photographer, and got some cool pictures I'm sure.
You can probablly find them on Facebook if that's your thing...
Caleb and Andy had the idea of making T-Shirts saying "Mr. Helms is getting the mulch, Peter's Eagle Scout Project 2010" That's the joke on my title, it's because everyone kept asking were Mr. Helms was.
It was a very hot, tiring, and I got sunburnt. But I was glad to help.

So that's how that day was spent, thanks for reading.

-Robbie

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!Y'all should make them! That would be funny. Would Mr. Helme get a T-shirt?!?! :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY, Caleb Simmons is a multi-talented kid. Wish I could see those pictures. Sorry you got sunburnt, I thought it was hilarious how you said "if that's your thing" about Facebook. Join the club. :)

    ReplyDelete